- ½ stick butter
- 2 cups brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (10 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon good pure Vanilla
- 4 to 5 quarts popped popcorn (2.5-3 bags microwave popcorn)
- Combine butter, sugar, Karo syrup in saucepan over medium heat and stir well. Keep stirring over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. When mixture comes to a slow boil, add your condensed milk – keep stirring. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a soft ball stage and test with a candy thermometer (*234-238 degrees). Stir in vanilla,pour over popcorn. Stir to coat.
- *If you don’t have a candy thermometer to test the soft ball stage, you can test it in ice water by dripping some caramel from a spoon into ice water and once you can form a ball the Carmel is done.
- This batch treats my family of 6 plus some extra to give to friends