• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, toasted...
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple
• Additional confectioners' sugar
• In a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in nuts and pineapple. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
• Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Roll cooled cookies in additional confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: This recipe does not use eggs.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (3 each) equals 323 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.